Executive summaries and team rosters are due.
- Competition Organizer
Washington University's Skandalaris Center for Entrepreneurial Studies in St. Louis, MO
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Business - Global
- Graduate - Global
- Undergraduate - Global
- Who's Eligible
Open to everyone, including Washington University (St. Louis) students, faculty, and staff from all schools and degree programs, as well as community entrepreneurs around the world.
- Important Dates
Executive summaries and team rosters are due on January 18, 2011. Elevator pitches will take place on February 10, 2011, followed by the announcement of finalists. Final presentations will take place on April 6, 2011 and the winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on April 14, 2011.
- Competition Prizes
A total of $125,000 in cash and in kind services is expected to be given out in the 2011 competition. Specific awards will be given out, including:
- YouthBridge® Award: $35,000 to fund a venture serving youth
- Lutheran Foundation of St. Louis Award: $30,000 to fund an organization promoting a healthier community
- Daughters of Charity Foundation of St. Louis Award: $30,000 to fund an organization serving the poor and vulnerable
- Skandalaris Award: $25,000 to fund a venture with an innovative solution to effect social change
- Other Info
Entrants first submit a description of their idea online, to which they can receive feedback. After executive summaries are submitted, semifinalists are announced and the competition continues with elevator pitches, business plan submission, and final powerpoint presentations.