Business idea summaries due
- Competition Organizer
West Virginia University's College of Business and Economics
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Graduate - Local U.S.
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Who's Eligible
- Any full-time college student attending a four-year, degree-granting West Virginia institution. To be eligible for advancement in the Competition, all submitted business proposals must be located in West Virginia.
- Important Dates
Round 1 business idea summaries are due by September 28, 2010. Round 2 elevator pitches take place on November 17, 2010. The final round of competition takes place on April 9, 2011.
After finalists are announced in December, a mandatory workshop weekend will take place for all teams in January 2011.
- Competition Prizes
Two grand prize packages consisting of $10,000 cash, accounting, legal, and virtual or physical incubator space are awarded to the top team in each category.
- Other Info
Entries are divided into two categories:
- Lifestyle and Innovation – These can be products or services that are part of daily life or new innovations. They can be the introduction of new products or services, or new methods or techniques on existing products or services.
- Hospitality and Tourism – Products or services with relevance to hospitality, restaurants, hotels, tourism or related fields.
The same entry may not be submitted in both categories.