- Competition Organizer
University of California at Irving, The Paul Merage School of Business
- Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Competition Category
- Graduate - Local U.S.
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Who's Eligible
- Teams must have at least 3 members: at least 2 members must be registered UC Irvine students, and at least 1 member must be a student in one of the Paul Merage School’s degree programs. Undergraduate teams may compete for all overall competition prizes as well as specific undergraduate Awards. Teams must present an original idea for a company which may not have been in existence prior to 2008. Teams must be in a “pre-incubator” form and must not be backed by incubators, existing companies or venture capitalists.
- Important Dates
The deadline for registration is January 8, 2010 and submission of concept paper is due February 8, 2010. Finalist presentations will take place at the UC Irvine Student Center on May 21, 2010.
- Competition Prizes
- $15,000 cash First Place Prize
- $7,500 cash Second Place Prize
- $2,500 cash Third Place Prize
- $2,500 cash First Place Prize
- $1,500 cash Second Place Prize
- $1,000 cash Third Place Prize
Vator.tv People’s Choice Poll: $1,500 cash
- Other Info
The teams placing 1st, 2nd and 3rd, and two “wild card” teams, will automatically be invited to the Tech Coast Angels Seed Financing Invitational. All five teams invited to the Invitational will have the opportunity to be assigned a Tech Coast Angel executive as a coach and be screened by the Tech Coast Angel membership for up to $1,000,000 in seed financing.