The University of Dayton's 2012-13 Business Plan Competition is offering nearly $175,000 in total support to help entrepreneurs turn great ideas into real businesses.
The competition will hold its first information session 5:30 p.m. Friday, Sept. 7, in O'Leary Auditorium in Miriam Hall on the University of Dayton campus. The competition is open to all types of business plans, including nonprofit ventures. High-tech companies are especially encouraged, and anyone can enter.
- Competition Organizer
University of Dayton
- Local US Event
- Dayton, OH
- *Available in all states*
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Business - Local U.S.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Technology - Other
- Who's Eligible
- Anyone may participate in the Elevator Pitch and Cameo stages of the competition. But if your entry is selected to be one of the five finalist teams, your team MUST include at least one currently enrolled UD student (in any undergraduate or graduate degree program), OR at least one alum who has earned a UD degree (graduate or undergraduate)
- Teams MUST select ONE team member who will present the elevator pitch. Any prize money won is awarded to the presenter only.
- Teams CANNOT include students who are currently serving a University disciplinary suspension
- An individual may be a member of a maximum of TWO competition entries (judged separately on each), but may only be on ONE finalist team
- Team rosters may be modified (members added or dropped) up to 4:00pm on Friday, December 14, 2012—after that, no roster changes are permitted. Anyone initially submitted as a team member must agree in writing to be dropped. Everyone on the roster as of December 14, 2012 time is guaranteed a minimum of 10% of the prize package. Unless written documentation is provided stating otherwise (signed by all team members), prize money is split evenly among all team members.
- ALL finalist team members must appear at the finalist competition presentations though not all are required to speak (finalist team members who fail to attend finalist presentations will forfeit all prize money winnings over 10%, which will NOT be shared among the remaining members).
- To receive individual prize monies, all elevator pitch and finalist team members MUST provide payment information (i.e., social security numbers, proof of citizenship, etc.) to Pam Stukenborg, Management/Marketing Department Office Manager, by December 14, 2012 at 4:00pm (Miriam Hall, room 710, 937-229-3745)
- If a finalist team wants prize monies to be paid to a company or non-profit, then firm ID and tax numbers must be submitted to Pam Stukenborg, Management/Marketing Department Office Manager, by December 14, 2012 at 4:00pm (Miriam Hall, room 710, 937-229-3745)
- By entering the UD Business Plan Competition, applicants agree to allow the University of Dayton to use their application materials, photos, likenesses, and presentations to market, promote, and provide information about the Competition (this extends through all stages and aspects of the 2012-2013 UDBPC)
- Competition Prizes
- 1st place: $1,500
- 2nd place: $1,000
- 3rd place: $ 500
- 4th place: $ 500
- 5th -10th place: $ 250 each