Hello and welcome to the Proving Ground 2012, the University of South Carolina's signature entrepreneurial competition to identify and accelerate innovative business concepts with commercial potential. If you have not logged in before, please click the LOG-IN/REGISTER button and follow the instructions. If you have already registered, please log in using your e-mail address and password. You may enter the competition as an individual or in teams up to four.
- Competition Organizer
- Local US Event
- Columbia, SC
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Who's Eligible
Here’s what you need to know to be eligible. All submissions must meet the following criteria to be accepted.
- All members of the submission team MUST BE current students at the University of South Carolina (undergraduate, graduate, or professional).
- USC students are expected to have developed the concept/plan
- A USC student or team of students must own at least 51% of the the proposed venture
- Proposed ventures must be pre-revenue (ie: Not making money yet)
- Proposed ventures cannot have raised outside capital (angel, venture, or other institutional)
- No students who have won in prior years may enter the competition
- All teams must submit a company name, 100 word business description, and a business plan no longer than 15 pages (word or pdf is fine)
- All submissions must be entered through the iStart system