The “SMART-Indivo Challenge” is a call to developers to build an Indivo app that provides value to patients using data delivered through the SMART API and its Indivo-specific extensions. The app will be either an HTML5 Web app or an iOS app that runs against the Indivo Developer Sandbox, where it can access patient demographics, medications, laboratory tests, and diagnoses using Web standards. Developers could, for example, build a medication manager, a health risk detector, a patient-friendly laboratory visualization tool, or an app that integrates external data sources (see http://www.healthdata.gov/) with patient records in real time.
- Competition Organizer
National Health Information Technology
- *Available in all states*
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Graduate - All U.S.
- Business - All U.S.
- Technology - Green
- Technology - Other
- Who's Eligible
In order for an entry to be eligible to win this Challenge, it must meet the following requirements:
- General – Contestants must provide continuous access to the app, a detailed description of the app, instructions on how to install and operate the app, and system requirements required to run the app (collectively, “Submission”)
- No HHS or ONC logo – The app must not use HHS’ or ONC’s logo or official seal in the Submission, and must not claim endorsement.
- Functionality/Accuracy – A Submission may be disqualified if the application fails to function as expressed in the description provided by the user, or if the application provides inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Security – Submissions must be free of malware. Contestant agrees that the ONC may conduct testing on the app to determine whether malware or other security threats may be present. ONC may disqualify the app if, in ONC’s judgment, the app may damage government or others’ equipment or operating environment.
- Important Dates
- Submission Period Begins: July 9, 2012
- Submission Period for Entries Ends: September 28, 2012
- Evaluation Process for Entries Begins: October 3, 2012
- Evaluation Process for Entries Ends: October 12, 2012
- Winners notified: October 18, 2012
- Winners Announced: Conference TBD, October-November, 2012
- Competition Prizes
- First Place: $10,000 plus conference exhibition opportunity
- Second Place: $2,000
- Third Place: $1,000