San Jose State University's Silicon Valley Business Plan Competition 2010

Website

http://www.cob.sjsu.edu/svbpc/

Competition Organizer

Silicon Valley Center for Entrepreneurship and San Jose State University

Submission Date

11-30--0001

Awards Date

11-30--0001

Competition Category
  • Graduate - Local U.S.
  • Undergraduate - Local U.S.
Who's Eligible
At least one team member must be a current student, a graduate, a faculty member, or a staff member of San Jose State University. Teams or team members that have received any form of venture capital financing for their business plan are not eligible to submit that plan to SVBPC. Existing companies with cumulative revenues exceeding $100,000 and with funding from non-venture capital sources exceeding $100,000 are not eligible to compete.
Important Dates

The deadline for registration is April 23, 2010. Written business plans are due on May 8, 2010, and the final round of judging takes place on May 26, 2010.

Competition Prizes

First place is awarded cash of $10,000, second place is $5,000, and third place is $2,500.

Other Info

25% of the cash prizes will be paid at the time that the winners are announced, and the teams will decide how the prize money will be allocated to the team members.  Since one goal of the SVBPC is to encourage the starting of new ventures, the remaining 75% of the cash prizes will be disbursed after the winning teams submit to the SVCE Director receipts for valid start-up business expenses.