The Saluki Idea Competition will take place in the fall of 2012. Individual students and studentled
teams will compete for prizes by submitting commercially viable ideas related to the
competition theme. The first round of voting will be online and open to the public. In the second
round, the first round finalists will give short presentations to a panel of distinguished judges at
the Technology and Innovation Expo on October 19, 2012. Rules are available on tie.siu.edu/
salukil-idea-competition/, and teams can go to siu.launcht.com beginning August 27, 2012 to
join the competition.
- Competition Organizer
Southern Illinois University
- Local US Event
- Carbondale, IL
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Business - Local U.S.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Technology - Other
- Other Info
1. Be sure to read the Four Hints in this document.
2. A workshop for the Saluki Idea Competition will take place on Monday, September
10, 2012 (check tie.siu.edu for time and place), or attend the First Tuesday Tech Tran
Coffee Talk on Tuesday, September 4, 2012, or October 2, 2012, SIU Student Center
McDonald’s, 9:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., if you have questions or need help.
3. Visit the Saluki Facebook Page to find team members. Get updates on the
Facebook page or follow SIU Tech Transfer on Twitter.