- Competition Organizer
The Illinois Biotechnology Industry Organization
- Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Business - Local U.S.
- Technology - Other
- Who's Eligible
- A company must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Its main company offices or staff must be located in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri or Indiana
- It must be a life sciences company or a current or past PROPEL participant
- It must be in the pre-revenue stage or have revenue of less than $2 million in 2010
- It must be a legal entity formed by January 1, 2011
- Important Dates
The application deadline is January 18, 2011. Finalists will be notified on February 1, 2011, and will compete in the Propel Business Plan Competition Finals, which take place on February 16, 2011 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Downtown Chicago.
- Competition Prizes
Entrepreneurs compete for a $10,000 cash prize
- Other Info
The Preliminaries of the Propel Business Plan Competition consist of a formal application submitted by applicants. A panel of life sciences community members will score each application, and a maximum of six companies will advance to the finals. At the Finals, companies will be judged on their 5-minute presentations.