The NYU Stern New Venture Competition challenges aspiring entrepreneurs and those excited by the new venture creation process to take their ideas from concept to market. Winners compete for a share of the $75,000 Rennert Prize named after the program’s benefactor, Ira Leon Rennert, a Stern alumnus and successful entrepreneur.
Over the past 13 years, the New Venture has awarded $750,000 in startup cash, pro bono services and technical assistance to 33 innovative companies and has been instrumental in the successful launching of dozens more.
- Competition Organizer
New York University
- Local US Event
- New York, NY
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Business - Local U.S.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Who's Eligible
• Each venture is only eligible to enter one competition. We strongly recommend that entrepreneurs do not enter multiple competitions with different ideas.
• Submissions must be the required format and on time. A signed eligibility statement is required at each submission round. Late submissions will be eliminated from the competition.
• Competition prizes are intended for plans that the judges believe can become operating businesses of significant economic scale. Teams attempting to start or expand a consultancy or advisory firm may enter the competition but should be aware of the bias against these endeavors. Business plans related to starting or expanding an investment organization may enter the competition but are excluded from advancing to the semi-final rounds of the competition and prize money.