The Next Generation Container Port (NGCP) Challenge aims to raise awareness of the research and development needs and foster innovation within the maritime industry. The Challenge also seeks to encourage greater partnerships between industry and academia to invent new concepts and ideas for the maritime sector.
- Competition Organizer
Singapore Maritime Institute
- *International Event*
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Technology - Other
- Business - Global
- Graduate - Global
- Undergraduate - Global
- High School - Global
- Who's Eligible
- The Challenge will be open to all interested individuals, professionals, companies, tertiary institutions and research institutes of any nationality.
- Eligibility will not be limited to those in the maritime sector to encourage cross-sharing and adoption of ideas from other domains.
- Participation via consortiums or teams is preferred but not required.
- Interested parties may now indicate their interest on this challenge webpage to receive updates.
- Official registration begins 27 April 2012.
- Competition Prizes
The winners of the competition will receive a US$1 million cash prize. Commendation prizes may also be awarded to deserving teams. Up to S$5 million in R&D grants will be considered for award to selected teams to pursue further research on their proposals.