Executive summaries due
- Competition Organizer
The Space Frontier Foundation
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Business - All U.S.
- Technology - Other
- Specialized Industries
- Who's Eligible
Open to seed, startup, or early growth firms with ventures in the following fields:
- Entrepreneurial space: firm must be directly involved in launch systems hardware technology and supporting infastructure
- Space-related: Process engineering, power systems, bioregenerative systems, tourism, media, software, and other supportive solutions
- Space-scalable: For technologies developed mainly to solve problems here on Earth, but are also scalable to solve long range space problems.
Entries must have at least 51% US-citizen ownership
- Important Dates
All teams must submit an Intent to Compete form online by April 30, 2012. Executive summaries are due on May 25, 2012. Teams invited to move on in the competition will be announced on June 8, 2012. These teams must submit a full written business plan by July 6, 2012. The final competition will take place at the NewSpace 2012 Conference on July 27, 2012. Winners will be announced at the Awards Gala on July 28, 2012.
- Competition Prizes
The winner will receive a $100,000 Grand Prize.
The 2nd place team will receive a $10,000 prize.
- Other Info
This competition wishes to assist and showcase new startup and expanding firms who can demonstrate both the ability to make money and contribute to the commercial development of space, advancing the NewSpace movement.