NAPEC Globalization & Innovation Conference | April 18, 2014 - CHI
Where Cutting Edge Minds Come Together
Named one of the top 10 business conferences of the year by FORBES magazine, the NAPEC Globalization & Innovation Conference, returns this year at the Hyatt Regency in Chicago and brings together the elite of the business world - entrepreneurs, academics, promising students, CEOs, and more - to empower one another, collaborative, and mastermind.
- Competition Organizer
- Local US Event
- Chicago, IL
- *Available in all states*
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Graduate - Local U.S.
- Graduate - All U.S.
- Undergraduate - Canada
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Undergraduate - All U.S.
- High School - Local U.S.
- High School -All U.S.
- Business - Canada
- Business - Local U.S.
- Business - All U.S.
- Graduate - Canada
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Technology - Green
- Technology - Other
- Specialized Industries
- Business - Global
- Graduate - Global
- Undergraduate - Global
- High School - Global
- Who's Eligible
NAPEC organizers reserve the right to disqualify any team, at any time, for not meeting the below terms and conditions. Each team must meet and agree to the following eligibility requirements in order to compete in the challenge:
1. The NAPEC is open to any student, 18 years of age or older, enrolled in and attending an accredited college or university at the undergraduate or graduate level. The Challenge is also open to recent graduates (specifically, within 1 year of graduating).
2. Individuals may be a member of only one team. Teams consist of at least one student. Teams consisting of 2 to 6 students are highly recommended. Cross-disciplinary teams are strongly encouraged.
3. If the new venture has already received funding from any outside sources (angel investors, other competitions, etc.), amounts, investors, and dates of funding must be disclosed in the initial entry (Overview phase). This competition is intended only for student teams which have not received any outside investment from venture capital firms, and which have received less than a total of $100,000 in outside investment funding as of December 31, 2013.
4. All team members must certify that all work submitted in the business plan is ORIGINAL to the team, exclusively.
5. Submitted ideas are protected in the spirit of non-disclosure, where all entry materials will be treated as company confidential. The only persons with access to the entry materials will be judged and select members of the organizing committee. Materials will not be distributed to any other party, unless requested by entrant team. No other or special provisions are made to protect intellectual property.
6. Finalist teams must be present for judging and award ceremony.
7. Final business plans may not exceed 25 pages in length based on a document that is double spaced, 12 point font with one inch margin (including cover and text), the appendices may not exceed 10 pages in length.
8. Prize money is granted only to the business entity that the winning team forms, e.g. a corporation. Winning teams will have until December 31st, 2014 to form their business entities.
- Important Dates
Submission Deadline: April 1, 2014
Finalists notified by April 8, 2014
Presentation and competitions April 18, 2014