You then have until November 9, 2012 to submit your Round 1 requirement, which is quite simple: a 2-page overview of your new venture. LATER, those teams advancing to Round 2 will be required to submit a 10-page business plan which is due February 22, 2013. We provide many excellent resources along the way, including educational training sessions, mentoring, networking opportunities, feedback and business plan software.
- Competition Organizer
Notre Dame University
- Local US Event
- Notre Dame, IN
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Business - Local U.S.
- Technology - Other
- Who's Eligible
- Each team must include at least 1 full-time ND student, faculty member or alumnus/alumna. Teams who wish to include non-ND individuals may do so, as long as the team/venture is ledby the Notre Dame student(s), faculty or alumni.
- Plans for ventures that have not yet been launched or are at the earliest stage of launch*
- Teams wishing to be considered for the Klau Family Social Impact Prize must demonstrate potential for growth, a plan for financial sustainability, and measurable social impact.
- Teams wishing to be considered eligible for the Bootstrapping award must demonstrate that they can meet the objectives outlined in the business plan with less than $100,000 in external financing.
- Competition Prizes
A complete list of prizes awarded include the following:
- McCloskey Grand Prize: $25,000
- Klau Family Prize for Greatest Social Impact: $15,000
- Runner-up prize(s): $5,000
- Fish & Richardson Award for IP Services
- $20,000 in IP legal assistance awarded to the team(s) deemed most deserving of IP related services.
- Plug and Play Tech Center Startup Camp Awards
- $15,000 in in-kind services awarded to up to 3 teams selected to participate in Startup Camp; these 3 teams are also eligible for a $25,000 investment opportunity
- Palo Alto Software Best Written Plans
- $2,000 (2-$1,000 awards given for the best student plans)
- Sutherland Family Award for Best Presentation: $5,000