We invite you to participate in the "What’s in Your Health Record??" Video Challenge (#YourHealthRecord). Create a short, compelling video (up to 2 minutes in length) sharing how getting access to review your health record and checking the information can help make sure you or your loved ones get the best care. It’s important that you and your health care providers have the right information to make the best decisions.
Patients and their families have a legal right to request to see and get a copy of their health record from most doctors, hospitals and other health care providers, such as pharmacies and nursing homes, as well as from their health plans. Patients can use that information to better understand their health, to coordinate their care with other health care providers or to help identify possible errors or omissions in their medical records. Patients can get access to their health information through a patient portal, or a personal health record (PHR) or by email.
- Local US Event
- Washington, MD
- *Available in all states*
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Graduate - All U.S.
- Undergraduate - All U.S.
- High School -All U.S.
- Business - All U.S.
- Technology - Other
- Who's Eligible
To be eligible to win a prize under this Challenge, an individual or team —
- shall have registered to participate in the Challenge under these Official Rules;
- shall have complied with all the requirements set forth herein;
- shall be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry;
- shall be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- may not be a Federal employee acting within the scope of their employment; and
- may not be:
- an employee of a commercial business whose name, brand name, product or other trademark is mentioned or featured in the Video, or
- a contractor or employee of an affiliate, subsidiary, advertising agency, or any other company involved in marketing a commercial business, brand name, product or other trademark mentioned or featured in the Video.
All individual members of a team must meet the eligibility requirements. (Note: “Team members” do not include people whose only contribution is appearing in the video. Minors can appear in the video, as long as the necessary consent forms are provided.)
Corporations and other organizations are not eligible to enter Submissions for this Challenge.
An individual or team shall not be deemed ineligible because the individual or team used Federal facilities or consulted with Federal employees during a competition if the facilities and employees are made available to all individuals and teams participating in the competition on an equitable basis.
An individual may join more than one team.
Employees of ONC, the judges, and ChallengePost, Inc. (collectively the “Promotion Entities”) or any of the Promotion Entities’ respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution, or distribution of the Challenge and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children), and household members (people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year) of each Promotion Entity employee are not eligible.
The Challenge is subject to all applicable federal laws and regulations. Participation constitutes Contestant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Challenge.