Intent to Compete forms and Executive Summaries due
- Competition Organizer
Harvard Business School
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Graduate - Local U.S.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Who's Eligible
- Contest is open to students in good standing enrolled in a fulltime graduate degree program at Harvard University. Each team must meet the two following qualifications:1. Include at least one person who meets one of the following criteria:
2. Be composed of a majority graduate students of Harvard University, and these members must have meaningful roles in the venture and the Contest presentation.The business plan must be for a project which has as a key component of its activities the creation of social value in a significant and sustained manner.
- HBS MBA student
- Current Harvard University Reynolds Foundation Fellow
- Fulltime Harvard graduate student enrolled in one of several approved courses during the academic year the Contest is held
- Important Dates
Intent to Compete forms and Executive Summaries are due on March 28, 2011. Business plans are due on April 7, 2011, and the final round of judging takes place on April 26, 2010.
- Competition Prizes
First prize: $25,000 cash and $25,000 worth of in-kind services. Runner(s) up: $10,000 cash and $10,000 of in-kind services.
- Other Info
Students may choose to enter either the Business Venture Track or the Social Venture Track for enterprises with an explicitly social agenda. Because some of the dates and deadlines differ, we've added the Business Venture Track as a separate competition.