HATCH pitch is the revolutionary pitch competition for startup companies making life better. We will select 12 finalists to present their business plans to a panel of corporate, angel, and venture investor judges in front of a well-connected audience at SXSW in Austin, TX in March.
Prior winners Distil Networks, RideScout, and Realty Mogul have garnered phenomenal attention from the press and investment communities. In fact, Distil received a $1.8 million seed investment from a HATCH pitch judge after winning HATCH pitch 2012! We’re gearing up for an exciting 2014!
- Competition Organizer
- Local US Event
- Houston, TX
- *Available in all states*
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Competition Category
- Graduate - Local U.S.
- Graduate - All U.S.
- Undergraduate - Canada
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Undergraduate - All U.S.
- Business - Canada
- Business - Local U.S.
- Business - All U.S.
- Graduate - Canada
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Technology - Green
- Technology - Other
- Business - Global
- Graduate - Global
- Undergraduate - Global
- Who's Eligible
In order to compete in HATCH, finalists must meet the following eligibility requirements:
* A company’s product / service must have launched no earlier than January 1, 2011.
* A company’s product / service must have a planned launch no later than June 30, 2014.
* Companies will be allowed to submit only one product / service to HATCH pitch.
* Founders of the applying startup must retain some portion of ownership in the company to be eligible to participate.
* Have raised less than two million dollars in funding from combined sources.
* The presenter must actively participate in the educational and coaching components of HATCH pitch.
* Each startup is to be represented by two individuals who are in attendance at check-in time at the event venue. At the designated time, one person will present the startup while the other person will operate the accompanying slide deck.
* Startups are responsible for covering all costs to attend the event, including SXSW badges for both presenters.
* Present their pitch using the official software and laptop(s) designated by HATCH pitch.
* Sign any necessary video or similar releases.
* If you applied to the SXSW Accelerator, you are welcome to apply for HATCH pitch. However, if you are selected as a finalist or alternate for both events, you will have to choose one or the other. A company cannot present at both HATCH pitch AND SXSW Accelerator.
- Important Dates
January 6, 2014 at 9:00 PMCentral – Early Bird Application Period Closes (We will select some finalists from this group)
January 22, 2014 at 9:00 PMCentral – Application Period Closes (All applications will be reviewed)
January 31, 2014 at 9:00 PMCentral – Late Application Period Closes (Your application may be reviewed)
Early February – Finalists Selected
Mid February – One-on-one coaching begins
March 10, 2014 – HATCH pitch competition at SXSW
- Competition Prizes
Prizes include technology tools, mentor meetings, and supporting services that aid startups in launching and growing their businesses.
- Other Info