- Competition Organizer
USC-Columbia Fuel Cell Collaborative
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Business - Local U.S.
- Technology - Green
- Who's Eligible
- Teams can enter from around the country, and consist of start-up companies, collaborations, scientists, researchers, student teams, and any other group that is working on breakthrough technologies that have near term commercial viability. The Awardee must be located or commit to relocating in the Greater Columbia, SC market. The technology or business application must be in the hydrogen, fuel cells, and related applications field for consideration.
- Important Dates
The deadline for phase I submissions is July 16, 2010. Phase II submissions must be submitted by September 1, 2010. Award winners will be announced on October 18, 2010 in San Antonio, TX.
- Competition Prizes
Winning proposals will receive the following cash prizes in the form of non-return commercialization investments through the SCRA Industry Partners Fund and SC Launch, a program of the South Carolina Research Authority:
- $100K for 1st place (single award)
- $50K for 2nd place (multiple awards)
- $25K for 3rd place (multiple awards)
- Other Info
Funding will be distributed in tranches, corresponding to successful completion of milestones in the company business plan and SC Launch performance tracking.