- Competition Organizer
Great Lakes Entrepreneur's Quest and the Michican Economic Development Corp.
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Graduate - Local U.S.
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Business - Local U.S.
- Who's Eligible
- - At least one member of the team must reside, work or attend school in Michigan.
- - Existing Michigan businesses may participate in the competition with their expansion or growth idea.
- - Participants may choose to enter either the New Business Idea category or the Emerging Business category. New Business Idea ventures must have less than $500,000 in cumulative revenues, while Emerging Business ventures must have less than $3 million in cumulative revenues.
- Important Dates
The registration deadline for this business plan competition is March 4, 2011. Those entering in the New Business Idea category must submit an executive summary on May 6, 2011, while those entering in the Emerging Company category must submit a full business plan on the same date. Awards will be announced at the GLEQ Banquet on June 9, 2011, in Lansing, Michigan.
- Competition Prizes
First, second, and third-place cash prizes range from $500 to $25,000 depending on category. The SmartZone Award is a $100,000 pre-seed investment. Innovation awards are also provided.
- Other Info
The Great Lakes Entrepreneur's Quest is a year-round educational program offering classes, training, coaching and mentoring to help entrepreneurs start, develop or accelerate a high-growth business.