GE’s ecomagination Challenge: Low Carbon Solutions is an open call to action for businesses, entrepreneurs, innovators and students in Australia & New Zealand with breakthrough ideas for reducing our carbon footprint.
The Challenge will provide each of 5 winning entrants with an A$100,000 cash Innovation Award.
Selected ecomagination Challenge entrants may also be offered the opportunity to develop a commercial relationship with GE through. Possible outcomes could include:
- Investment: a GE capital pledge of up to A$10 million, leveraged by complementary investment from our partners, to be invested into promising start-up and technology entrants
- Validation: review and evaluation of your business and technology strategies through in-depth discussions with GE‘s technical and commercial teams
- Distribution: exploration of partnership opportunities with GE to scale a business and create global reach for suitable technologies
- Development: leveraging GE‘s technical capabilities and Global Research Centres to accelerate your technology and product development
- Growth: exploration of opportunities to use GE’s customer and industry relationships to enhance your go-to-market strategy
The Challenge, launched in collaboration with leading Australia & New Zealand venture capital firms Cleantech Ventures, CVC Limited, Greenhouse Cleantech, MH Carnegie & Co and Southern Cross Venture Partners, is part of GE’s ecomagination initiative, a global commitment to build innovative clean energy technologies and will help fund the most promising ideas.
- Competition Organizer
- *International Event*
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Technology - Green
- Technology - Other
- Business - Global
- Graduate - Global
- Undergraduate - Global
- Who's Eligible
Individuals over the age of 18 who are permanent residents of either Australia or New Zealand and all companies that are registered in either Australia or New Zealand may participate in accordance with the Challenge Terms and Conditions. One or more individuals and/or companies may collaborate as a team to submit a combined entry. (GE employees are not eligible to enter.)
If you are participating as a team, one designated team leader must be solely responsible for all activities related to the competition.
- Competition Prizes
GE will present each of five innovation challenge award recipients with $100,000 in cash, for a total Award Pool of $500,000, to acknowledge these entries as examples of outstanding entrepreneurship and innovation.