The Eastern Shore Entrepreneurship Center (ESEC) and Maryland Capital Entreprises (MCE) have joined together to launch the Eastern Shore Business Plan Competition. Both organizations strive to advance and expand the entrepreneurial ecosystem on Maryland's Eastern Shore
As part of Dorchester County's Economic Development Technology Summit to be held December 9-10, 2012, both ESEC and MCE are collaborating to inaugurate a business plan competition that will draw greater attention to the Eastern Shore and attract entrepreneurs to the opportunities and resources available in the region. The application process for the competition has begun and we are looking forward to your submissions!The purpose of the competition is to promote and encourage the startup of new businesses, in turn the creation of new jobs, on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
- Competition Organizer
- Local US Event
- Eston, MD
- *Available in all states*
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Graduate - Local U.S.
- Graduate - All U.S.
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Undergraduate - All U.S.
- Business - Local U.S.
- Business - All U.S.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Technology - Other
- Who's Eligible
- Business plans may be submitted by individuals or by teams that are legal U.S. residents.
- There is no limit to the number of people on a team.
- Each unique business plan submitted must be an innovative and scalable plan for a successful business which is fundable.
- Any idea of a commercial endeavor is valid.
- All submissions must be the original work of those making the submission.
- Submissions must describe a new business or an early stage company.
- All finalists or winners must agree that they will use the prize winnings to establish or continue business operations in Maryland Eastern Shore counties.
- Existing businesses may propose a new business that would have operations in Maryland Eastern Shore counties.
- All submissions must pay a $150 submission fee.