- Competition Organizer
Austin Energy and the Clean Energy Incubator
- Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Competition Category
- Business - All U.S.
- Technology - Green
- Specialized Industries
- Who's Eligible
- Startup companies that have breakthrough clean energy technologies. This year, the summit specifically looking for companies focused on the following areas:
- Energy management
- Building-integrated energy efficiency technologies
- Smart appliances
- Energy information systems
- Smart resource management (electricity, water, gas and waste)
- Distributed energy storage
- Distributed fueling for transportation
- Electric vehicles
- Software and communication technologies
- Important Dates
Applications are being accepted through August 18, 2010. The top 20 companies will be selected to present at the summit on September 30, 2010 in Austin, Texas.
- Competition Prizes
The grand prize winner's technology will receive a chance for validation in Austin's $10.4M DOE smart-grid/smart-home demonstration project. The top five finalists will receive one-on-one discussions with the Pecan Street Project technology selection team and Austin Energy.
- Other Info
Competitors will present their innovations to venture capitalists, angel investors and potential strategic investors as well as decision makers from Austin Energy, local government and the Pecan Street Project, the nation's most ambitious city-wide clean energy laboratory.