- Competition Organizer
Cartier, The Women's Forum, INSEAD business school, and McKinsey & Company
- Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Women or Minority-owned
- Business - Global
- Who's Eligible
- All entrants must be aged 18 or the age of legal majority in their respective countries or states of citizenship, whichever is older
- Business must be an original for-profit business creation
- The main leadership position must be filled by a woman.
- Important Dates
The application deadline for the 2011 competition is March 15, 2011. Finalists will be selected in June of 2011 and will be asked to submit business plans in September of 2011. The winners, or Laureates, are selected in October of 2011. Specific dates are still to be announced.
- Competition Prizes
One Laureate for each of the five regions - Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America, North America is selected and receives a unique and comprehensive support package: US $20,000 of funding, one year of coaching, networking opportunities and media exposure.
- Other Info
This competition involves two rounds:
- Round 1: 3 finalists from each of the five regions are chosen based on their short business plans. They receive coaching from experienced business people to prepare for the next round.
- Round 2: The finalists submit a detailed business plan and present their projects to a jury. Five winners are then chosen.