The 3rd Annual Amazing Entrepreneur Business Plan Competition is an initiative by Gwinnett Chamber Economic Development and The University of Georgia Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to foster new business development in Gwinnett County.
The contest is now open for interested parties to submit their business plans for consideration. Contestants enter their small business plan ideas with an opportunity to win big prizes to support their growth and development.
Winners and finalists receive prizes they can use for support during the critical early phase of their ventures. Now more than ever, Gwinnett is committed to the growth, development and support of entrepreneurs.
New to this year’s contest:
(1) Simplified entry requirements– a business plan summary rather than a traditional, full-length business plan
(2) Two entry categories: Established Business and Pre-Venture
- Competition Organizer
Gwinnett Chamber Economic Development
- Local US Event
- Duluth, GA
- Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Graduate - Local U.S.
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- High School - Local U.S.
- Business - Local U.S.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Technology - Green
- Technology - Other
- Specialized Industries
- Who's Eligible
The Amazing Entrepreneur Business Plan Competition is open to individuals (13 years of age or older) who currently own and manage a small business in Gwinnett County, Georgia.
- Competition Prizes
Established Business Category--
Up to five finalists will receive:
(1) Invitation for two to the Pinnacle Awards Ceremony announcing the winner
(2) Passes to attend two sessions in the Chamber’s Gwinnett (3) Business Institute program ($90 value)
(4) Sage Peachtree Accounting Complete Software from Sage Software ($299 value)
(5) Promotion in Gwinnett Chamber marketing materials
Grand Prize winner will receive (subject to terms and conditions):
(1) $2,500 cash to be used solely for the business entering the Contest
(2) Consultation with an attorney from Arnall Golden Gregory ($2,500 value)
(3) Trip to Sage Software’s customer conference in Maryland, including airfare and accommodations
(4) One-year Chamber membership (Cash value dependent on business size; $500 minimum)
(5) Passes to attend four sessions in the Chamber’s Gwinnett
(6) Business Institute program ($180 value)
(7) Three copies of Microsoft Office 2010 ($1,500 value)
(8) Scholarship to the Small Business Development Center Grow
(9) Smart program ($985 value)
(10) Research assistance from Chamber’s economic development department
(11) Promotion in Chamber marketing materials
(1) Scholarship to the Small Business Development Center Start Smart program ($495 value)
(2) Accounting services from John Dillard, CPA ($300 value)
(3) Promotion in Gwinnett Chamber marketing materials
After the conclusion of the Contest, each contestant will be invited to attend a free Business Plan class at SBDC ($95 value)