The MIT-CHIEF Business Plan Contest, held annually since 2011, is dedicated to contributing to a global entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Greater Boston area. We are dedicated to
- Equipping entrepreneurs with resources from both the U.S. and China.
- Nurturing and supporting entrepreneurs, immersing their startups into the U.S. or Chinese market.
- Connecting entrepreneurs with local resources such as funding, industry expertise, legal services, and know-how of marketing and business models.
- CleanTech - Startups building solutions related to renewable energy, energy efficiency or other products and services with the potential to reduce our environmental footprint.
- Healthcare - Startups focusing on technologies and services for the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases; novel services for healthcare delivery and new technologies for data analytics in the healthcare market.
- Products/Services - Startups building innovative consumer technologies or services.
- Social Impact - Startups that want to solve social problems and create sustainable social values, particularly those who are developing innovative, high-impact and scalable solutions.
- Web/IT/Mobile - Startups developing software, web and mobile based products and services.
For more information, please visit https://mitchief.org/contest.
- Competition Organizer
MIT-China Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (MIT-CHIEF)
- Local US Event
- Cambridge, MA
- *Available in all states*
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Graduate - All U.S.
- Undergraduate - All U.S.
- Business - All U.S.
- Graduate - Canada
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Technology - Green
- Business - Global
- Undergraduate - Global
- Who's Eligible
The MIT-CHIEF Business Plan Contest, held annually since 2011, is dedicated to contributing to a global entrepreneurial ecosystem in the Greater Boston Area. We welcome anyone with a great business idea to join this inclusive competition.
- Your business idea
Your business idea must fall into at least one of our five tracks: Web/IT/Mobile, CleanTech, Health Care, Social Impact, and Products/Services. Applicants must have legal access to the technology they present. They can either be the owner or have written consent from the owner of the technology. Business plans having advanced to the finale of previous MIT-CHIEF Business Plan Contests are not eligible for this year’s Business Plan Contest.
- Your team
Every team must have at least two members. Each person is allowed to be a member of at most two entries.
- Your relationship with MIT-CHIEF
You are not eligible to participate into this contest if you are a member of the MIT-CHIEF Business Plan Contest organizing team, or the judge of the contest. Immediate family members of the aforementioned people are also ineligible.
- Important Dates
May 5 Registration begins
Jul. 25 First round submission deadline
Aug. 11 Semifinalist announcement
Sep. 22 Second round submission deadline
Oct. 13 Finalist announcement
Nov. 15 Finale
- Competition Prizes
- $20,000 cash awards for the finalists
- Valuable feedback from our prestigious judges
- Mentorship services for semifinalists
- Three-month free office space for one of the finalists
- Direct access to accelerators, incubators, investors, industrial parks and other valuable resources
- Greater chance to participate in the MIT-CHIEF Demo Day and China Trip