The Ohio State Business Plan Competition purports to stimulate and nourish the entrepreneurial spirit in any full-time or part-time Ohio State University student. In particular, this competition seeks to:
- encourage entrepreneurially-oriented graduate and undergraduate students to develop and grow new ventures based on their own ideas and technologies.
- provide the students with educational workshops to develop their ideas and pitch their ventures to investors. These programs provide constructive feedback for increasing the probability of successfully launching their ventures.
- provide the best business plans with substantial resources to assist the winning student teams with launching their ventures.
- Competition Organizer
Fisher College of Business
- Local US Event
- Columbus, OH
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Graduate - Local U.S.
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Business - Local U.S.
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Technology - Other
- Who's Eligible
This is a competition for graduate and undergraduate students across all areas of study. At least one Ohio State student must be a member of the venture’s startup management team. All graduate students, not just MBA candidates, are eligible to participate in the competition. This includes executive MBAs and non-business majors as well. Undergraduate participation is also encouraged, as undergraduates may participate fully. Non-students may be members of the venture’s management team and may participate in planning the venture, presenting the plan, and answering questions from the competition judges. There is no restriction on the total size of the venture’s founding team. Participants in the competition are encouraged to only enter one business plan as we feel this is the most effective way for an individual or team to learn from the competition process in a focused manner. In addition, previous winners are NOT eligible to enter and compete in the competition.