This contest is designed to stimulate entrepreneurial activity and greater awareness of the resources available to grow entrepreneurs in Iowa. All winners will be selected on an objective basis as determined by the criteria set forth below. You must read and comply with these rules to enter the Iowa Business Plan Competition (the "Competition"). This competition is void where prohibited by law.
- Competition Organizer
John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Centers
- Submission Date
- Business Plan Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Undergraduate - Local U.S.
- Business - Local U.S.
- Who's Eligible
- The plan must be an original idea for a business in operation for four years or less or have not yet reached cash flow positive financial status.
- The principal business operations of the business must be located in Iowa.
- Company officers/members are 18 years or older at the time of entry and are legal residents of the United States, preferably Iowa.
- Businesses can include, but are not limited to: technology, bio-technology, green technologies, medical, advanced manufacturing, agriculture and agri-products, engineering and education.
- The business is not engaged primarily in retail sales, real estate, or the provision of health care or other professional services. "Professional services" include, but are not limited to, services provided by professions listed in Iowa Code Section 496C.2(4).
- Participants that previously have won a first, second or third place are not eligible.
- Company members cannot be directors, officers, or employees of the Iowa Economic Development Authority, the Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Centers, the Small Business Development Centers or Equity Dynamics. Consultants or freelancers who do business with any of the above or any immediate family members of any of the above are disqualified.
- Competition Prizes
Grand Prize: $25,000
2nd Prize: $15,000
3rd Prize: $10,000
- Other Info
The John Pappajohn Iowa Business Plan Competition is designed to stimulate entrepreneurial activity and greater awareness of the resources available to grow entrepreneurs in Iowa. All winners will be selected on an objective basis .