Royal Canadian MintChip Ideas Challenge is an initiative of the Royal Canadian Mint. The Ideas Competition is intended to provide recognition to individuals who submit an idea that receives the most votes. Ideas can include ideas for applications or use cases incorporating digital currency, an electronic cash equivalent. The Ideas Competition runs at the same time as the Royal Canadian MintChip Challenge, a competition for working software applications that use the Royal Canadian Mint’s MintChip digital currency. The goal of the Ideas Competition is to generate ideas for applications that can utilize a virtual currency like the MintChip digital currency.
- Competition Organizer
The MintChip Challenge
- *International Event*
- Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Total Prize Cash (US Dollars)
- Competition Category
- Business - Global
- Graduate - Global
- Undergraduate - Global
- High School - Global
- Who's Eligible
1. The Ideas Competition is open only to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry and are legal residents of Canada or the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia as of the time of registration.
2. The following individuals are not eligible regardless of whether or not they meet the criteria set forth above:
a. the Sponsor, the Administrator, the Judges, and any advertising agency, contractor or other company involved with the design, production, promotion, execution, or distribution of the Ideas Competition and each member of any such individual’s, immediate family or household;
b. any parent company, subsidiary, or other affiliate of any entities described above or owned by an individual mentioned above; and
c. all employees, representatives and agents of the entities described above (and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and other affiliates) and all members of any such employee, representative or agent’s immediate family or household.
3. For greater clarity, for purposes hereof:
a. members of an immediate family include such individual’s spouse, children and step-children, parents and step-parents, and siblings and step-siblings; and
b. members of an individual’s household include any other person that shares the same residence as such individual for at least three (3) months out of the year.
4. The Ideas Competition is subject to all applicable Canadian and United States federal, state/province and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to the Sponsor and the Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Ideas Competition. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
5. The Ideas Competition is void in Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
- Competition Prizes
Top 10 winners: A piece of gold worth US$255 each