The task description will be published here when the contest starts. Solutions to the task must be submitted online before the contest ends. Details of the submission procedure will be announced along with the contest task.
- Competition Organizer
Association for Computing Machinery
- *International Event*
- Submission Date
- Awards Date
- Competition Category
- Technology - Other
- Business - Global
- Graduate - Global
- Undergraduate - Global
- High School - Global
- Who's Eligible
- Anyone may participate except for the contest organisers and members of the same group as the the contest chairs.
- Competition Prizes
There will be cash prizes for the first and second place teams, the team winning the lightning divison, and a discretionary judges’ prize. There may also be travel support for the winning teams to attend the conference. (The prizes and travel support are subject to the budget plan of ICFP 2012 pending approval by ACM.)
In addition, the organisers will declare during the conference that:
- the first place team’s language is “the programming language of choice for discriminating hackers”,
- the second place team’s language is “a fine tool for many applications”,
- the winning lightning division team’s language is “very suitable for rapid prototyping”, and
- the team winning the judges’ prize is “an extremely cool bunch of hackers”.
- Other Info
- No advance registration or entry fee is required
- Any programming language(s) may be used as long as the submitted program can be run by the judges on a standard Linux environment with no network connection