After much anticipation, the six finalists for TowsonGlobal’s first Business Plan Competition have been selected. A number of diverse entrants submitted their executive summaries on February 7, and the final six were chosen from these by a panel of experienced business professionals, economic development personnel, and faculty.
• Hem of HIS Garment, provider of customized fashion apparel and alterations for women
• Knight Protection, Inc., provider of unique tactical protection services that enhance the overall security industry
• Mocha, learning management system that delivers content logically, through an easy to use and dynamic web portal
• My Hopeful Journey, web-based application that helps women manage their infertility treatment programs
• PubRaiders.com, developer of mobile phone technology that allows bar patrons to purchase items through their smart phones
• Pure Bang Games, developer of Facebook games
TowsonGlobal’s goal is to strengthen entrepreneurship and innovation, so all entrants received constructive feedback from the judges. Finalists will be able to integrate that input into their full business plans, which will be due by March 11.
Since a strong “pitch” is vital to a startup’s success, each company also will have the opportunity to present in front of a panel of university and business experts, on April 11. The winner will be selected that day and will receive free 90-day Resident membership with the incubator (valued at $5000), along with a cash prize!
The business plan competition is a good reflection of the diversity and innovative spirit in the Baltimore area. TowsonGlobal is happy to be a part of these ventures’ road to success and is looking forward to giving the finalists all the support they need throughout the competition.This entry was posted in Updates. Bookmark the permalink.